Fixed: ERROR Fetching the page failed because the fetcher cannot resolve the address

Ok, first of all i want you to know that i have read plenty of articles without founding a solution (i should burn my developer’s & digital marketer certificate). As the title say, i moved on from Joomla to Wordpress site, and since then my twitter cards are not working.

URL: www.grow-digital.gr
Theme: Newspaper 7
Wordpress v4.6
Yoast SEO Plugin
Meta Tags - Checked
NO SSL Certificate

Robots.txt seems fine ( http://www.grow-digital.gr/robots.txt)

Im worried about some errors from my server’s log when i try sometimes to validate:

2016-08-22 22:46:02	Warning		RSA server certificate wildcard CommonName (CN) `*.grserver.gr' does NOT match server name!?	Apache error
2016-08-22 23:19:44	Warning		RSA server certificate wildcard CommonName (CN) `*.grserver.gr' does NOT match server name!?	Apache error
2016-08-22 23:34:46	Warning		RSA server certificate wildcard CommonName (CN) `*.grserver.gr' does NOT match server name!?	Apache error

Please i need to find a solution, we are losing too much traffic from twitter, letting our competition grow.

Please tell me if you need more info.

.htaccess

Header unset Pragma
FileETag None
Header unset ETag

# BEGIN Expire headers
<ifModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 5 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 604800 seconds"
#ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 600 seconds"
#ExpiresByType application/xhtml+xml "access plus 600 seconds"
</ifModule>
# END Expire headers

<FilesMatch "\\.(js|css|html|htm|php|xml)$">
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</FilesMatch>

<IfModule mod_gzip.c>
mod_gzip_on Yes
mod_gzip_dechunk Yes
mod_gzip_item_include file \.(html?|txt|css|js|php|pl)$
mod_gzip_item_include handler ^cgi-script$
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/.*
mod_gzip_item_include mime ^application/x-javascript.*
mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.*
mod_gzip_item_exclude rspheader ^Content-Encoding:.*gzip.*
</IfModule>

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

**## Heading**

So you’re saying that your ServerName and SSL certificate name do not match? That will be an issue as our crawler is strict on validation.

Hello @andypiper and thank you for your time.

I do not use any SSL Certificate for my website, i just see this warning on my apache error log (warning not error).

2 months ago twitterbot was able to crawl my website. Suddenly when i made a clear install of wordpress and launch the website at 16 August, i realise that i have problem with validator.

Do you need any other information?

Your robots.txt file is explicitly preventing (Disallowing) Twitterbot from accessing your whole site. You’ll need to fix that to start off with.

Sorry we were making fixes. Robots.txt fixed (the problem still remains):

User-Agent: *
Allow: /wp-content/uploads/
Disallow: /wp-content/plugins/

Sitemap: http://www.grow-digital.gr/sitemap_index.xml

Just checked this in the iframely debugger and it appears to have a timeout issue. Our validator seems to have issues resolving the address. I think this is network related and not a cards crawler problem. I’m not sure what to suggest at present.

I will contact my host provider, i will let this issue open in order to give you feedback about this problem.

Greetings,

Finally i found the solution to my problem. I contact my host provider and after changing many things like CNAME’s, IP’s etc, we realised that bitninja had blacklisted twitterbot’s IP’s. So after whitelisting twitterbot i was able to fetch all of my pages.

Maybe you should do something about this, since a lot of ppl here were complaining.

You may close this subject.

Thanks for your time.