Fabric.io Mopub iOS SDK missing i386 slice

When installing MoPub with fabric.io on iOS the i386 slice is missing.

I have the same issue. If anyone knows a workaround, I’d really appreciated it.

Issue: MoPub causing build error for iOS simulator iPhone 4 and 5 dued to missing i386 slice.

Repro step:

• Create a new Xcode project
  • Install MoPub using Fabric.io (latest version as of July 19, 2016)
  • Follow instructions on Fabric.io to add various codes on AppDelegate.swift and such. Exact instructions followed on Fabric.io app for Mac.
  • Build the project for iOS simulator iPhone 4, or iPhone 5

You should receive the error saying:
ld: warning: ignoring file [PATH]/MoPub.framework/MoPub, missing required architecture i386 in file [PATH]/MoPub.framework/MoPub (4 slices)
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
OBJC_CLASS$_MoPub”, referenced from:
type metadata accessor for __ObjC.MoPub in AppDelegate.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I am experience this still too. is there any word on this?

I gave up and just stuck with the competition :slight_smile:

Hi @X2Studios, @jacobbullock & @iLovePorkDumpling,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! The error missing required architecture i386 is specific to app simulators and will prevent you from being able to test on a simulator.

To investigate the issue further, we have built a sample project using Fabric and tested the build on iPhone 4s and 5 simulators. Unfortunately, we were not able to replicate the issue you have described in our various tests.

It sounds like we’ll need more information in order to understand any setup-specific issues that are creating this error. If you are still having trouble, can you please reach out to the MoPub Support Team at support@mopub.com with the details of the issue? Feel free to reference this forum post in your email to the Support Team.

Thanks!

The latest version installed via Fabric now only includes armv7 and x86_64. That means you cannot archive and submit to the App Store.

it should be compiled with $(ARCHS_STANDARD) and i386

Perhaps the developers should give this a read: https://www.raywenderlich.com/65964/create-a-framework-for-ios

@gameDNA Your post has been removed as a duplicate of iOS: Building the MoPub 4.9.1 SDK