Error: Your account is suspended and is not permitted to access this feature

I have a collection of Twitter accounts that tweet out the movie times for the Alamo Drafthouse chain of theaters (no affiliation, just a fan). They’re all prefixed with ADHOS_ (e.g. @ADHOS_Village).

During the recent Twitter bot crackdown, many of them were flagged as bots. After reviewing the rules and making sure that I was following the guidelines, I went through the process of filing a bunch of requests to get them all restored.

I can now manually log into the accounts, and everything looks fine, but when I attempt to send a tweet via the REST API, I’m getting:

Exception: [{u’message’: u’Your account is suspended and is not permitted to access this feature.’, u’code’: 64}]

It appears that maybe the accounts were only partially restored, if that’s a thing? If it helps, I’m doing this via Python, using the python-twitter package.

I searched the forum and found a couple of other people ran into this problem, but it wasn’t clear if they ever resolved it. Anybody know how I can get this cleared up?

Thanks-
Pete

If the accounts are active then you may need to refresh the access token used by your application, by reauthenticating the user account to the app.