Error on card validator

I keep experiencing an error with summary cards. When I copy
and paste Twitter’s demo code into my meta description, I receive an error on
the card validator. It says I am missing the description meta tag, but I
certainly have it included.

Any idea as to why I am receiving this error message?

This is the code I have in my meta description.
This is the error message I recieve from the Twitter card validator.

What is the URL you are validating?

The URL is http://staging.bridgepartnersconsulting.com/insights/four-digital-trends-to-watch

Note: this is for a staged website that is currently in development and the URL will expire in a few days time

I just pulled this page down using curl -A Twitterbot and this is what is in the output:

<meta name="description" content="&lt;meta name=&quot;twitter:card&quot; content=&quot;summary_large_image&quot;&gt; &lt;meta name=&quot;twitter:site&quot; content=&quot;@_BridgePartners&quot;&gt; &lt;meta name=&quot;twitter:creator&quot; content=&quot;@_BridgePartners&quot;&gt; &lt;meta name=&quot;twitter:title&quot; content=&quot;Four Digital Trends to Watch&quot;&gt; &lt;meta name=&quot;twitter:text:description&quot; content=&quot;Are you ready to ride the next digital marketing wave? Don’t miss out on these four trends.&quot;&gt; &lt;meta name=&quot;twitter:image&quot; content=&quot;http://bridgepartnersconsulting.com/images/uploads/insights/DigitalSummit-Blog.jpg&quot;&gt;"/>

It looks like the <, > and " characters have been switched with HTML entities. You should clean this up as this is not valid HTML.

Hmm…since I copied and pasted it correctly in the CMS, do you think this a development bug on our site?

I think it is likely your CMS is doing that conversion - or it could be because it looks like you pasted that inside the description when it should all be a separate set of tags, not inside the description content, so your site is interpreting it as text, not code.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.