Error: could not authenticate you code: 32 whe using statuses/update and APIv1.1

Hi everyone,

I’d enormously appreciate any help with the following issue. I’m not able to send any tweet since the introduction of the new PAINFUL APIv1.1. I’ve done the necessary modifications to the URLs that my application sends but still I can’t send tweets via POST statuses/update. However, the GET followers/ids method works fine. I’ve tried everything and I don’t know what else to do. Is it necessary to revoke my Consumer key and Consumer secret too?

My Access level is Read and write.

Here below you can find what I’m sending to the server for both cases:

1. POST statuses/update (in this thread, oauth_consumer_key & oauth_token have been replaced by KKKKK and TTTTT for obvious reasons):

POST&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2F1.1%2Fstatuses%2Fupdate.json&oauth_consumer_key%3DKKKKK%26oauth_nonce%3DJhVthyMhqGVI%26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp%3D1371139968%26oauth_token%3DTTTTT%26oauth_version%3D1.0%26status%3Dsdfsdfsdfsdf

In this case, I get the answer: “could not authenticate you code 32”

1. GET followers/ids (in this thread, oauth_consumer_key & oauth_token have been replaced by KKKKK and TTTTT for obvious reasons):

GET&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2F1.1%2Ffollowers%2Fids.json&cursor%3D-1%26oauth_consumer_key%3DKKKKK%26oauth_nonce%3DP1kAlMiG2Kb7%26oauth_signature_method%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_timestamp%3D1371139470%26oauth_token%TTTTT%26oauth_version%3D1.0%26screen_name%3D

In this case, the GET method works OK.

This migration to APIv1.1 is indeed a pain down there. To make things even worse, XML is now deprecated and developers have to work not only on trying to connect to Twitter through these ridiculous and complicated methods, but also on parsing all responses for GET methods. Sick of all these security issues that help to nothing, as anyone with reverse engineering knowledge can easily debug third-party applications and get others’ consumer keys…

CJ