Error 226: This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now

We have a campaign that allows users to share awareness about Syria refugees.
http://www.helpsyriasrefugees.com/

However, we are now unable to post messages with links in message because of the following error message:
Error 226: This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now.

So it seems like our app is blacklisted for url sharing. Is there a way for us to get whitelisted so we can send messages with a URL? The user has approved to use their voice for this sharing.

I have the same issue! Are the Tweets including a hashtag and a link?

We’ve just added this error code to [node:130] and posted a discussion about it at [node:27684].

Change your password and all back to normal

Hello, this is a Japanese speaker.

I know @jaakkosf 's comment. But I can’t tweet anymore on my app.

Error : This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later.

Why can’t I tweet with my app? Please ask me.

I have the same problem :confused: help

I have been locked out of my account for the past week; I can sign in but I can’t tweet, favourite or reply to DMs. I keep getting the error 226 ‘‘This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later.prompt.’’ I was sent a password reset link to my email but the problem hasn’t been solved. Please help me out, what do I do?

Changing the password solved the problem… THX!

i have changed password…no luck…problem still exist !!

I am having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

so how solution?

I’ve reset my password, still receiving error.

“This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later.”

any news ?

@venkatraghvan changing password doesn’t work. My other accounts are fine. Very strange. Posted the problem to twitter.support. Advise: do the same.

haven’t found a structure of the behaviour. In my case I replied and said “Thanks!” - once locked, you are locked until - in my case - I’ve changed the password again.

same problem with me when using API

thx a man. worked for me too

This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later.

L O L- nothing WORKS!!! - twitter going other small businesses route - f… the customers - somebody will buy us anyway :frowning:

Please take a look at this discussion thread regarding Error 226 Error Code 226 - This request looks like it might be automated

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
I barely tweet. I tweet about 5-12 times a month, and I got that message.
I don’t tweet from my app. I logged out from my phone app.
I changed my password & email address for logging in.
Twitter’s Help Center Support is VERY unhelpful for this problem.
How can this be fixed. IT’S BEEN 6 DAYS, & STILL NOT ALLOWING ME TO TWEET!