Emded timeline shows empty

Hi, I’m triyng to embed a timeline to show all tweets with hash #UnaHistoriaDeSonrisas, but is not working, just show empty message, but if you see https://twitter.com/hashtag/UnaHistoriaDeSonrisas you can see the tweets. Can you help me? Thanks

Hi there. This is because based on the Search API, Tweets only appear in embedded search timelines if they were tweeted in the last 7 days. Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for you help, but no, when I wrote my question the tweets still did not have 7 days. I posted a new tweet, and the timeline is still empty, can you check that please?
Many thanks

Hello,
I have a similar problem when creating a Search Widget. The Widget Preview shows Tweets different than when i use same query in a normal Twitter search and also my output to my website is different and then shows ‘no more tweets in your timeline’ ?
I have seen this 7 day mentioned but i ahve another widget search which shows >7 days worth of tweets.
Regards,
Ashley

That’s expected - the widget uses the Search API, which has a limited index and only a 7 day history.

If that’s the case, then perhaps one or more of them is a Retweet - there’s definitely a limitation on the history of Tweets in search timelines.

If you want to curate the content and have older Tweets, you could use TweetDeck to build a collection, and then use publish.twitter.com to get the code to embed your collection on your site.

hello,
thanks for your swift reply…another question below concerning Search

if i have the query of word of ‘something’ (without those quotes) will it also return tweets of #something

I believe so, but need confirmation.

Also, if i want tweets showing ‘something’ and ‘else’ anywhere in tweet , in my query do I write as:

something else (ie just space between the words)

or something AND else

Thanks,

Regards,

Ashley

This is described in the documentation for the Search API.

Hello again,
I am still having problems showing my #??? from my search query in my widget to display on my website. It says empty timeline but normal search query in twitter is ok. Is this because of some limitations using API(ie. not completeness)? Am I allowed to put a button link on my website that goes directly to twitter search query for what i am searching?. eg.https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TapintoTwitter

Thanks

The limitation here is that the API only has an index of around 7 days - so if there are no hits for the search inside that period then the timeline will show as empty.

I know about the 7 day limitation but this was for yesterday for my widgets on @thisisramsgate.

I cannot see how it will not work on my website?

If it doesn’t work,then am I allowed to put a button link on my website that goes directly to twitter search query for what i am searching?. eg.https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TapintoTwitter

Yes, you’re absolutely free to put a button or link that passes through to Twitter’s site on your page.

If individual Tweets from yesterday are not showing in a search widget then it is likely that they are not in the limited index used by the API, unfortunately.

Hey
I am having the exact same issue .I tried creating a widget, and it does display the latest three tweets. But when I try to “Load more”, I just get “There are no more Tweets in this timeline.”. Every other widget features work fine : lists / User Timeline / Collection / Liked

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.