Embedded timelines with filter by hastag

How can I have embedded timelines in my website using a list AND a filter that only display tweets with a particular hashtag? I haven’t found any solution for that. In the page “Configure a user widget” if I choose the list widget, I can’t specify a filter for the tweets. Any idea?

Hi Alex. If you want to do that, you may configure your user widget with a search query (from:username AND #hashtag) Greets.

Hi Guys, im having issues with this, I want to use more than 1 hashTag filter this works for one however I cant make it of multiple HashTags… Please help

www.matt.com AND #mobile

Matt

You can use OR:
www.example.com (#mobile OR #desktop)

Hello all,

My original question is regarding the use of the embedded list timeline with the additional of an arbitrary query string. The lists are an easy way to keep control of which users I am interest to follow.

The widget is used in our department website, http://emap.fgv.br. I would like to have all professors and some collaborators listed in a list and, besides that, only include posts with a specific hashtag. The additional hashtag allows them to have posts not related with our website at all (personal posts that should not be listed in the website).

The suggestion of @yravedra does not solve my problem. The query string would have to me maintained updated and it would rapidly became huge and messy.

I have a similar problem as it seems that the timeline widget doesn’t properly support a search query. Example: https://twitter.com/search/?q=from%3A%40twitter%2BAND%2B%23transparency shows a search result with one item. A tweet from the account @twitter with the hashtag #transparency. You can convert this search to an embedded timeline by clicking the cogwheel icon on the right and clicking on ‘Embed this search’. Now you are presented with a preview of the widget which does not show any tweets. It merely shows ‘Hmm, an empty timeline. That’s weird.’. Can anyone explain why this happens?

Hi @HippoTest - have you tried disabling “safe mode”? This can sometimes filter results that you might otherwise expect to appear.

Hi @arcademaker, regarding your concern that the results from the hashtag query will be too messy, how exactly were you looking to refine the results?

I was not talking about the result of the query, but about the query string… If I want to filter the users using the idea of @yravedra!

@arademaker - You posted a VERY straightforward question and (with respect to those who offered help) the answers seemed convoluted and much more difficult than necessary. Did you ever find a plugin that solved your problem? I am interested in exactly the same thing.

Hello @ScottWGraves, thank you. It is good to see that someone understood my point! :wink:

No. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any GOOD solution yet. What we are using so far is https://ifttt.com that can be configured to automatically retweet given some criteria. Given that, in the website we are only displaying the tweets of @fgv_emap account (the widget timeline).

It seems there is still no easy solution.
One solution could be to use the Streaming API to get the tweets from your list of twittos, and then to populate a Custom timeline only with the tweets that go through your filter, using the Custom timeline API (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/custom-timelines).

Has anyone found a solution for this? What I am looking for is just a way to create a widget that will display tweets from a specific user and multiple hastags. This sounds simple enough but I cannot find a solution.

@arademaker I figured it out! I was running into the same issue. My company wants to follow 13-15 Olympic athletes but only display the tweets in our embedded timeline that reference one particular hashtag. After wracking my brain in Tweetdeck I found it was MUCH easier than I thought.

1. go to: https://twitter.com/search-advanced
  2. In the “These hashtags” field put your desired hashtag
  3. In the “From these accounts” field put in all the twitter handles you would like to follow. Separate all of them with just one space, no parenthesis or anything like that. (be careful if you choose to copy/paste the handles as hidden characters can mess everything up.)
  4. Click the blue “Search” button
  5. On the next screen click on the gear symbol associated with your search. A dropdown will appear. Select “Embed this search”. (There are 2 gear symobols on the page. Make sure you select the one associated to the search)
  1. Click blue “Create Widget” and the code is spit out.

Badda-big, Badda-BOOM

Has anyone found a solution for this? What I am looking for is just a way to create a widget that will display tweets from a specific user and multiple hastags. This sounds simple enough but I cannot find a solution.

I’m not sure about lists but you can add multiple users.
The solution for me was counter intuitive.

When creating a widget, choose the “Search” tab.
in the “Search Query” field type (#hashtag1 #hashtag2) from:@user1 OR from:@user2)

check the “Only show top Tweets” box
uncheck the “Safe search mode” box

for me only 2 tweets showed until I chose “Only show top Tweets”

So still no solution for this ‘How can I have embedded timelines in my website using a list AND a filter that only display tweets with a particular hashtag?’

Imagine I tweet a lot and I blog a lot. On my blog page i want see tweets filtered by blogsubject.
So one twitter account only a different filter on every blogpage. Seems doable…right?

PS
I understand that i can create a search widget and the search terms would be 'from:spokje+subject’
But i do not want to create a widget for every different subject/blogpage.

Has anyone figured this out or discovered relevant documentation?

I’m still running into this issue 10/2015. It appears searches on twitter.com are far more robust and support more sophisticated queries then the embed timeline. I’m not feeling the love from Twitter on this issue at all.