Embedded profile widget only displaying link

Hi I’ve seen this question asked previously but can’t seem to find a resolution. I’ve generated a code via the twitter widgets section under settings in my profile, customised it and copied the code into a HTML block within our Moodle VLE but all it displays is a link. I have old widgets created under my profile and when I add these the HTML code is different to what I’m getting with the twitter/publish page. This is the new code:

Tweets by physiosinsport

This is the old code:

Tweets by @physiosinsport

I’m using this code to get around the issue. However, my staff are not HTML experts so I need to be able to demonstrate the normal way of adding in a widget. The strange thing is that our e learning team can’t replicate the issue on their machines and I have asked our learning community and nobody else seems to have the same problem. Help much appreciated. Thanks

Oops! Should have paste the code in text:

A Twitter widget consists of two parts: HTML defining the type of content you would like to load and any customizations; Twitter’s widgets JavaScript to interpret the HTML and load a widget.

The most typical cause of “all it displays is a link” is Twitter’s widgets JavaScript did not load on the page. Some publishing software strips out <script> content pasted in to an HTML area. View source of the web page generated that includes the timeline link. Search for “twitter-timeline” to locate the timeline HTML. Do you see a script block below?

Hi,

I have the same problem as LearningTecGirl.
I’ve generated the code using the twitter widget and paste it in my dreamweaver file, but i’m only getting a link to my twitter account saying “Tweets de @AmbJaponFR”.

I looked at the source of the web page and found this (without the space after the “<”) :
< div id=“twitterContainer”>
< a class=“twitter-timeline” href=“https://twitter.com/AmbJaponFR” data-widget-id=“725985254809309184” width=“180” height=“200”>Tweets de @AmbJaponFR
< script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset=“utf-8”>
< /div>

Is it the script block you’re talking about ?

I also can’t save a widget so that it appears in my list. In addition, all the help talks about the options as being User, Favourites etc but I see Profile, Likes, List, Collection. I can’t find anybody within my office who is having any problems with creating widgets apart from one lady who got the same type of code that I am getting on first try and then redid it and the longer one appeared instead and worked when embedded. I’m just wondering if there is something wrong with my actual account.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.