Embed Tweet

I am not able to get the “width” parameter to work on an embed tweet. Is this a bug with the system or am I just not doing it correctly?

Can you give an example of the code you’re using? Remember that values of the HTML width parameter don’t have units.

Ben

I am having the same problem. I add the width attribute directly into the html (not wyswyg) and then it disappears. Here is exactly what I am doing.

Normal Embed Code For A Tweet

Fannie Mae to Pay Treasury $59.4 Billion After Record Profit | bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-0…

— Daily Bail (@TheDailyBail) May 10, 2013

THEN I ADD THE WIDTH ATTRIBUTE

Fannie Mae to Pay Treasury $59.4 Billion After Record Profit | bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-0…

But then the width attribute disappears when I save it. Here’s what I get.

Am I putting the width attribute in the wrong place?

Why would it disappear completely when I save it.

I have tried it dozens of times, and it always disappears.

I am very frustrated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

steve

Hi Steve,

That looks unfortunately like your content management system is stripping out the attribute. It’s possible you might be able to adjust those rules in the software’s settings, but it obviously depends a lot from software to software.

This won’t work to set the width right now, but could you using a data-width attribute instead of width and tell me if that persists after saving? I have a todo open to add support for that attribute as a synonym for people with HTML validation concerns, and if it offers a more robust configuration experience as well then I’ll try and pull the work forward.

Thanks,

Ben