Duplicate tweets workaround?

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I have been working on a Twitter application that will allow users to tweet commands to an account controlled by my program in order to play a collaborative game together. I have been very careful to ensure that the application falls within Twitter’s spam guidelines (the bot will only ever reply to users that are explicitly following it and only sends @replies in response to a command from a user), however the nature of the system means that sometimes a user will need to send the same command to the bot more than once in a short timespan or the bot may send an identical response shortly after a previous one, both of which trigger Twitter’s duplicate tweet restrictions.

The easiest way I can think of to work around this would be to append a random integer to the end of my bot’s tweets and allow users to submit commands doing the same, but I thought I’d check here first to see if there were any better ways of going about this, or if doing so would end up being considered a violation of the spam guidelines.

Thanks in advance!
Hunter X