"Don't: Use just "Tweet" or "Tweet" with a simple letter or number combination (for example, 1Tweet, Tweet, Tweets)."

Since the start of 2011 I’ve run the website http://30tweet.com, a Twitter-based Q&A website which operates under the username @30Tweet.

I’m wanting some information on how lenient this new policy is over the “Don’t: Use just “Tweet” or “Tweet” with a simple letter or number combination (for example, 1Tweet, Tweet, Tweets).” rule:
I’m a student. I pay a lot of money per year hosting the domains 30Tweet.com, .org, .net, ThirtyTweet.com, Thirty.tw - all pointing to the main site (30Tweet.com). As I’m sure you can tell, the sites revolve around the name 30 + Tweet, but this part really hurts both my project and myself financially. In order to adhere to this rule, I’d have to completely rename my ‘product’, destroying search engine rankings and user familiarity I’ve created thus far.

After spending the last 3 months completely revamping this site in between doing uni work, I quite frankly don’t want to have to throw everything I’ve done away because of this small line of text.

The name of my Twitter app comes from 30 Day Challenges, so 30Tweet isn’t just a random number added to the word Tweet - it has some meaning.

Could I please get some clarification on this?

Thanks in advance!
James

Hi @migrated,

For questions about usage of our marks, please email trademarks@twitter.com. Thanks!

Thank you!