Does it break the terms and conditions to supply a tweet URL in order to objtain the re-tweet value for tweets which are not mine?

I would like to provide my customers with a means to analyse Facebook Likes, Twitter Retweets etc.

My basic premise for Twitter is to provide a Blog Article URL and retrieve the Re-tweet integer value. Because I am bringing this together with Facebook and other social media services, I would like to store this number so that I can report on it.

I do not wish to store tweets or replicate any twitter functionality, I only wish to provide a report of keywords vs. popularity across as many social media services as possible.

Is this possible and is it within your terms and conditions?

Having discussed this with some collegues it is possible that we can use the Re-tweet value on-the-fly in a grid report.

I have seen a web site “Shared Count” do this as a service too.

I suppose it is still an interesting question as to whether I can lookup and save the integer value along with the article title and URL which I would already have!

Thanks for taking the time to ensure your app is compliant with our API Terms of Service. I’m unable to confirm compliance by the description provided, however please carefully review section I.4.A of https://dev.twitter.com/terms/api-terms :

You will not attempt or encourage others to: sell, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, or syndicate access to the Twitter API or Twitter Content to any third party without prior written approval from Twitter.

If you provide downloadable datasets of Twitter Content or an API that returns Twitter Content, you may only return IDs (including tweet IDs and user IDs).

You may provide spreadsheet or PDF files or other export functionality via non­-programmatic means, such as using a “save as” button, for up to 100,000 public Tweets and/or User Objects per user per day. Exporting Twitter Content to a datastore as a service or other cloud based service, however, is not permitted.

If you need further clarification please don’t hesitate to reach out.