Does i need to provide Consumer Key & Consumer Secret to my android developer for implementing "Share link on twitter" feature in android apps

Dear all

Does i need to provide Consumer Key & Consumer Secret to my android developer for implementing “Share link on twitter” feature in my android apps?

can you please let me know does really a android developer need Consumer Key & consumer secret for just implementing “Share link on twitter” feature in android apps?

thanks.

Depending on how he wants to implement it. If you don’t want to use a 3rd party App to share the link, yes than he needs the Application Consumer Key and Secret in order to identify as the Application and allow users to sign in.

Twitter Kit for Android includes a Tweet composer.
https://dev.twitter.com/twitter-kit/android/compose

Twitter registers a custom scheme with handlers. The “twitter://post” URL opens a compose dialog in the Twitter app.

An app id and secret are needed if you would like a Twitter user to post to your server, which then posts to Twitter on behalf of the user. The Twitter user would first need to grant your Twitter application permission to post on his behalf, which involves a Log in with Twitter authentication and access grant flow.