Today, we’ve published some updates to our Developer Terms in the Developer Agreement and Developer Policy and to the Automation Rules, all of which you should review.
In addition, there are some important updates to the Twitter Rules, that affect all users of the service. You can read our blog post here.
Some important updates from the Developer Terms and Automation Rules:
- Clarification that non-API use of automation (for example, scripting the Twitter website), is prohibited.
- Incorporation of previous policy clarifications from the developer forums related to:
- Automated replies and mentions
- Aggressive and bulk following
- Multiple applications for the same use case
- Research use cases
The updated Developer Agreement and Policy are effective December 4th, 2017. By using the Twitter developer platform and APIs on or after that date, you consent to the updates.
We also encourage you to review the updated Twitter Rules, to understand how they affect you as a user of the service.
Please use the Rules and Policies category for questions related to these updates. You may also open a ticket with the Platform Support team via our form if you have a detailed inquiry related to specifics of our policies.