[Delphi] I dont understand the authentication

Hello,

Last week I made a small application that will list the people you follow or if wanted all the people that follow you back.
After that you can select all the users you like and it would create youre #FF tweets for you.

This all worked fine but a friend requested some additional features in it which requires the user to authenticate.
So I looked things up but I cant seem to figure out how to make this authentication works.
Maybe i’m just overthinking it or perhaps just to stupid to see how it works but its driving me mad that I can’t figure this out.

So far with all my API calls (not only of twitter) I check it in a browser first to see what im getting as response.
But all the links I follow that are noted on the API - Authentication pages give errors like, could not authenticate.

What I would like to know is: What is my first step?
My guess would be on "GET oauth/authorize"
But it wont work, if I go there in my browser I get an error saying I dont have a request token.
If I check it in code it says something about my IOHandles. (im also fairly new to Delphi)
Anyhow it seems I dont get a response, or its not a reponse I can store in my memorystream for some reason.

Can anyone help me and/or tell me what im missing here.
There must be something I dont see.

I should also note that I haven’t tried much in code yet because I wanted to see what the response was first.
So I dont have much code to show.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile: