Creating Twitter client in Visual Basic 2010

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to create a desktop client in Visual Basic following this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGxl4kaNYwM

The problem is that when I’m debugging the app won’t authorize with Twitter. I don’t know whether its because the code doesn’t use Oauth??

Any help with my project would be greatly appreciated!

That example is indeed outdated and does not leverage OAuth. You may want to leverage a .NET library capable of OAuth.

Thanks! managed to find the TwitterVB2 and that’s now working perfect. I’m trying now to get a socket message from a third-party app to appear in a text box in my client and auto post to Twitter. Something people haven’t tried as I can’t find any tutorials on the web and have been trying to paste bits and pieces together with no joy.

I’m using TwitterVB2 and am having the same situation. I used a Try…Catch to determine if the url to authenticate my app was was opening or what was going on, but it “Caught” the statement and is not opening the url. Here’s the code I’m using…

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Try
Dim url As String = Tw.GetAuthorizationLink(consumer, consumersecret)
Process.Start(url)
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(“That didn’t work:(”)
End Try
End Sub

Help? OP how did you fix yours?