Connection attempt fails for 185.45.5.33

Introduction

Hi There

I have seen that there were some other reports on this issue without any response so I’ll try to elaborate more.

Background

When we are polling for data (APILimitSummary) we have once per week for a few hours the following issue :

Inner Exception : System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote    
server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed 
because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, 
or established connection failed because connected host has failed to 
respond 185.45.5.33:443
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Hammock.Web.WebQuery.ExecuteGetDeleteHeadOptions(WebRequest request, WebException& exception) in f:\src\hammock\src\net35\Hammock\Web\WebQuery.cs:line 1021

... Ommited rest of exception ...

Now the the is, we always have this issue with the exact same IP address. When I do a NSLookUp for api.twitter.com

>nslookup api.twitter.com
Server:  4201082000200000000g00g021.ip.ssc.net
Address:  2001:820:2::9:218

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    api.twitter.com
Addresses:  185.45.5.33

Note : We only have these two IP addresses from our production server, from other machines the nslookup returns at least 4 IP addresses in a 199.* range.

The Issue

As you can see there are only 2 IP addresses, and it is always the same one (185.45.5.33) that is being faulty.

If this issue happens ones, this could be perfectly acceptable, but we have it very often in the recent month. The issue is always with the exact same IP address.

I have the same issue described on Stackoverflow (http://serverfault.com/questions/724756/avoid-a-faulty-server-behind-load-balancer)

The solution ?

Any lead or help would be great because this is issue breaks any functionality for the time window the issue is pending.