"Connection attempt failed" error when calling Twitter api

I have an asp.net web application that calls several of the Twitter api functions. It successfully makes the calls from two development machines. I moved the web application into production tonight and surprisingly the first Twitter api call the application makes fails with the following error:

“A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond”

It is not a firewall problem and my application can successfully call the Facebook and Google+ apis.

Anybody have any ideas of what might be causing this problem?

The problem has been resolved - it was my fault - I was using the wrong proxy.

how to solved this error “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 199.59.149.232:443” plz tell me and where did you changed proxy -Andrew Winterbauer

"

how to solved this error “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 199.59.149.232:443” plz tell me and where did you changed proxy -Andrew Winterbauer

"

public static void main(){}