Confused about create access tokens with the new system

I’ve been adding tweets and timelines to various web sites I build using CMS plugins. These obviously require the necessary tokens/keys/secrets which I have been generating as “apps”, and adding one app per web site so credentials are unique per site.

I now find that to get some new credentials for a new site I needed to create a developer account which was ultimately rejected for reasons I can’t fathom out. That now leaves me stuck.

What is the new correct procedure for creating credentials for new web sites? Can I have just one app and use the same credentials across many sites?

By the way during the dev account signup process I answered several emails, but my questions were never answered, it just seemed like canned responses which were of little help in solving things.

Hi Rob -

Are you wanting to display different Twitter users’ Tweets on their websites, or just one Twitter user’s Tweets across different sites? Please let me know more about what the use case is so I can best advise.

All of our developer applications are reviewed to ensure compliance with Twitter policy. There currently isn’t a way to edit a rejected application, or to re-apply, however stay informed for product updates/changes. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi Hamza

It’s to display users tweets on their own web sites, e.g.

Site A shows tweets from Site A’s twittter account
Site B shows tweets from Site B’s twittter account
Site C shows tweets from Site C’s twittter account

… and so on.

To display tweets from a specific twitter account like that, you don’t need separate apps, or a developer account at all, this should work: https://publish.twitter.com/?query=%40TwitterDev&widget=Timeline instead - you can customize how it appears to an extent.

Otherwise, it’s fine to have just 1 app (1 consumer key & secret), and authenticate many users to it (every user has separate Token & Secret, separate rate limits)

Hope that helps!

Igor - thank you, using one app across many sites is what I needed to know.

closed #8