REST API v1
I created new web APP and configured access to it as "... and access to Direct Messages". It happens near two weeks ago.
Still get error message from subject. What happened? I want to access my direct messages.
Then turned to "Read Only" and returned again to "... Direct Messages" - still doesn't work.
The permissions assigned to an app are passed on an access token when the access token is generated. When you change the application-level settings, access tokens already issued are not effected. Now that you've changed the application permission to "read-write with direct messages" you'll need to renegotiate the access tokens you use to hold those permissions.
To renegotiate the permissions, you need to either use OAuth or the "My Access Token" feature found on your application details page. We've had some issues with this feature in the past that are now resolved. If you use the "regenerate" button on this feature, you should be able to renegotiate your token at the appropriate level. Please note that this process sometimes results in a delay until you receive an uncached result.
This had me stumped for ages. My app access's direct messages, but the App was for another company not for my personal use. So i registered the App on here under my twitter account. This worked obviously up until twitter changed the security settings.
The only way i got it working again was to delete the one on mine, and re-register it on here using their own twitter account details
To sum it up; I had to register the App under the twitter account of the actual account the App will be accessing. Rather than my own in which I want to house all Apps i make.
No idea how I would solve this If the App was for public consumption and not for just one account.
Hello, I create a app few months back with read and write permission. Few days back twitter update app permission, so that my app not accessing Direct Messages. I update my app permission from read and write to read, write and direct message a week back. In app it showing updated but when i using that app in oauth, showing old permission only not update one.. I am very great ful to have u suggestion to resolve my problem..
Have you followed the advice above about how you registered the app?
I re-created tokens and all works well.
Thanks a lot.
It's likely that you haven't succesfully renegotiated your access token to the application permission level. The easiest way to accomplish this and account for lag is the following:
1) Go to your https://twitter.com/settings/applications page and find your application. Revoke its access to your account. Wait 5 to 10 minutes for all of that to take effect.
2) Go to your app's detail page on https://dev.twitter.com/apps and find the "My Access Token" feature. If it's already in an "open state" with access token keys on the screen, take note of the strings currently presented.
3) Use the "Recreate my access token" button.
4) When you're back on the app detail page again, refresh the page until you see the string representation of the access token change. Make sure that the permission level detailed on the access token is the level you're looking for.
5) Copy and paste the access token and access token secret into your needed location. This is now "YOU" as far as the application is concerned.
Hope this helps.
in my case. it only give DM access to only the user who has created app. from other users it shows No access to direct messages. While my settings are "Read, Write and Direct Messages"
gooooood job....you saved my day....this is the solution for me....
is it possible to get DM from pubilc pages..
This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.