Clarification on Retweeting Content Automatically After March 23

automation

We run scoreshots.com, a site used by a lot of colleges, some pro sports teams, etc. We allow the user (A member of the college or pro social media team) to create image or video content in our engine via a template based approach (every post is unique and Image or Video based).

Currently we allow the user to link multiple accounts to the platform, and tweet their creation out across some subset of those accounts simultaneously. As an example, if a college has a general athletics twitter account, and a football account, they can post to both simultaneously. They create this unique content in our engine, and the posting is just used as a method of convenience and analytics tracking.

I Assume, this interaction would be prohibited under the new guidelines (but let me know if that’s incorrect).

So assuming that is no longer allowed, would the following be?:

1. User creates content in the engine
  2. User selects twitter account (1) to TWEET the image or video, with text addendum.
  3. User is allowed to select other accounts to simultaneously RETWEET the content.

I assume the new rules are to preserve authorship chains for accountability, which this does.
If the above is allowed, what is the limit, if any, we should expect before it being flagged as automatic retweeting? We currently put no limits on account number, and have never seen anyone with more than 10 accounts at a time.

Thanks for your help, we want to make sure our product is modified to support the new rules by the deadline, and appreciate your commitment to keeping spam down on the platform.

-ScoreShots

Some addendums to this.

A: If a post uses the same photo/video, but different text for each post, will this fall victim to the new rules if posted simultaneously by multiple accounts that the user controls.

B: If a post uses the same text for each post, but different images or videos for each post, will this fall victim to the new rules if posted simultaneously by multiple accounts that the user controls

C: If A or B is okay, how different does the content need to be to keep us from being flagged. We’re not looking for a loophole, we’re just wondering if different clips of the same video would be acceptable, different aspect ratios or overlays over the same image, etc etc. I assume the text would have to be substantially different to qualify.

Thanks again.

Per the policy update you and your users are not allowed to simultaneously post identical content to multiple accounts. This policy also prohibits posting substantially similar content to multiple accounts.

As an alternative to posting identical content, you can Retweet content from one account from the other accounts you wish to share that post from. This should only be done from a small number of distinct accounts that you directly control. We are unable to share specific limits here. Please note that bulk, aggressive, or very high-volume automated Retweeting is not permitted under the Automation Rules, and may be subject to enforcement actions.