Chunked upload for Promoted Video throws 404 errors

media-upload

Hi there,

We’ve been running into an issue where on chunked video uploads, on an APPEND call we’ll get a 404 response instead of the expected 204. I don’t believe it’s an issue with the implementation of our uploader, because this doesn’t occur on every upload attempt (even with the same file). It never happens consistently on the same segment number either, but it always occurs during the APPEND step of the upload.

It basically feels like a brief outage on the Ads API side, but I’m wondering if there’s anything we can do to avoid this since it seems to be happening more frequently.

Thank you and let me know if I can provide any additional details!
Allison

Thanks for flagging this, @MashableAllison. Our team will first try to repro and then look in our logs.

In the mean time, you could try adding some retry logic with exponential backoff when you encounter an error on APPEND. Hope that’ll help alleviate this if it’s causing the entire upload to fail…

We’ll get back to you once we know more. Thanks!

@MashableAllison: We’ve tried to reproduce this several times, but are always seeing a 204 on APPEND. As you say, it’s likely not an implementation issue due to the fact that it doesn’t occur on every upload attempt, but is, instead, a temporary outage. We still recommend adding the retry logic.