Chatbots and unsolicited mention rules

Questions about twitters unsolicited mention rules:

“If your application creates or facilitates automated reply messages or mentions to many users, the recipients must request or otherwise indicate an intent to be contacted in advance.”

If you look here for example of the above: https://twitter.com/lifetimefitness/with_replies , lifetime fitness is sending @ messages to any twitter user who mentions wanting to go to the gym. Lifetime is sending an offer for a free on-day pass. COOL!!!..or so I thought.

I had my tech team build a twitter app to assist our brand agents in finding opportunities for their clients. The agent then sends special offers to twitter users depending on their identified need. Seems great right?

Well, we were suspended almost immediately. I did everything I could think of, we created a new url for each link, we sent each message by hand making sure each message was specialized to the user. The offer we sent was directly related to the identified need in the original tweet. We did the same thing as lifetime.

Lifetime fitness is able to send 2000 @ messages a day, but we cant send 30?

Someone please help. What is going on? Who do I talk to about this? Twitter platform team refuses to talk to me about this.

I found this: “Note: media or brands using auto-response campaigns must request approval from Twitter and may be subject to additional rules. Please reach out to your account or partner manager for assistance. If you do not have a partner manager but are interested in managed client services, contact us.”

While we arent using automated responses, our chatbots will scale out the efficiency of any agent to send multiple messages per minute, similar to what lifetime fitness is doing. I have yet to find a way to contact managed client services.

This is bizarre. Any help on the above would be appreciated.

Hi @UberNerdz,

Much of what you comment on is discussed in the below thread. I’d recommend reading through it in it’s entirety. This is as much info as anyone on the community forum can provide.

https://twittercommunity.com/t/automated-response-throughput-twitter-approval/?source_topic_id=83259