Changing Card Display Image from Flickr via Twitter Link Share

Good Morning,

I’ve gone through a series of threads and also reached out to the Flickr community, but to no avail, and now I’m hoping you are able to help me.

Sharing a Flickr album to Twitter works fine, and the summary card I see with the large image shows beautifully as expected, link to the correct album below the tweet. However, I don’t want the photo that is showing in the image card to be the one on display. Example here:

I would like Twitter to use the image I’ve set in the Flickr album as the default cover photo - or for me to choose which one Twitter sets as the main image in the card summary.

Are you able to please advise how I change/ set this please?

Appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

I think what is going on here is that when the album is created, the og:image tag content is (probably) set to the first image in the album / set. Once you set the cover photo, it is obviously set to the correct image, however if the link has been Tweeted before that, the original image is cached. This can take up to 7 days to update due to the way the Twitter cards crawler works. It should eventually start to use the correct image in the card.