Card not displaying: Failed to fetch page due to: HttpConnectionTimeout

Hi everyone,

After no recent changes to my website it appears cards have stopped working. It appears to be happening for all my blog posts. Here’s an example.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Any help is very much appreciated.

Edit: Here’s another, which appears to validate but doesn’t show the image. http://joelsperanza.com/classroom-practice/confessions-of-a-super-teacher/

Neither page validates for me, and the error message indicates that there’s a network issue between our crawler and your site. It could be a number of things, from a blocked connection to bad network latency.

Is there any chance that you’ve previously whitelisted Twitter’s IPs? We made a recent change in that area, so you might want to look into it.

Thanks Andy,

I take it blocked connection or network latency would be an issue I would take up with my hosting service right?

As for the whitelist, I’ve never consciously added anything to a whitelist, but obviously I’m a web novice so not sure how it would be possible.

Interestingly I seem to occasionally be able to get the card validator to validate those links. Is that a hint that it’s latency and not a whitelist issue?

Yes, I would suspect that it is latency / network performance, if sometimes it works and sometimes not.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.