Capturing tweets for ScreenName is throwing "page does not exist" exception

I have developed a SharePoint timer job that executes on intervals and captures tweets, mentions and direct messages from specific twitter handles used by our organization principles for records retention purposes. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I started seeing exception thrown from my timer job.

The exception I’m receiving is this:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> LinqToTwitter.TwitterQueryException: Sorry, that page does not exist. 
   at LinqToTwitter.Net.TwitterErrorHandler.BuildAndThrowTwitterQueryException(String responseStr, HttpResponseMessage msg) 
   at LinqToTwitter.Net.TwitterErrorHandler.<HandleGenericErrorAsync>d__1.MoveNext() 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- 
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) 
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

And my code looks like this:

tweets =
                        (from tweet in param_twitterctx.Status
                         where
                            tweet.Type == StatusType.User &&
                            tweet.ScreenName == m_string_twitterhandle
                         select tweet)
                        .ToList();

What am I doing wrong? What does, “Sorry, that page does not exist.” mean? Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance.

That usually means you are trying to use a Twitter API method that does not exist or that the API URL you are using is incorrect. I would recommend making sure the Twitter library you are using is up to date and you are using it as documented.

Ok, thanks Abraham. I’ll check the version of the twitter library I’m using. On the other hand, this was fully working the day before yesterday. Also, I’m using similar calls for capturing mentions as well as direct messages and they seem to work… It is kind of puzzling, to say the least! Thanks again!

Are you sure that the account’s screen name didn’t change?

Abraham, I just checked and am using the latest stable version of LinqToTwitter Library and my code is correct. And so, back to square one…

DanielCHood, yes, I’m VERY sure! It belongs to someone very well known. :slight_smile: Thanks for your suggestion.

See if you can capture the actual network request that’s happening. The URL and request parameters specifically.

You may be surprised. Double check and consider switching over to user ids