Can't create creative template with a title via API

issues
api

When POSTing to the define creative template endpoint and providing a title (optional) an error is returned. I believe this is a bug.

Sample Request:

POST https://ads-api.twitter.com/1/accounts/{account_id}/dynamic_ads_creative_templates
DATA:
{
   web_url_params: "utm_source%3Dsocial%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dmycampaign",
   tablet_url_params: "utm_source%3Dsocial%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dmycampaign",
   mobile_url_params: "utm_source%3Dsocial%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dmycampaign",
   title: "Creative Template 20160907", 
   logo_media_id: 773312628487655424
}

Here is the response. The error message is referencing fields that are not documented for the creative template endpoint. However, regarding the title parameter, the API responds by telling me it got “Creative Template 20160907” for “title” which is actually the correct field and desired content for the field.

"{"errors":[{"code":"INVALID_PARAMETER","message":"Expected a value in BRAND, DESCRIPTION, NO_TEXT, TITLE, got \"Creative Template 20160907\" for title","parameter":"title"}],"request":{"params":{"web_url_params":"utm_source%3Dsocial%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dmycampaign","logo_media_id":773315904159440896,"account_id":"1REDACTEDo","tablet_url_params":"utm_source%3Dsocial%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dmycampaign","mobile_url_params":"utm_source%3Dsocial%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3Dmycampaign"}}}"

If you omit the title, the request succeeds.

The PUT request to update the creative template also fails with the same error when supplying title as a field to be updated.

Hi,

Sorry this is confusing, but the value of title actually needs to be one of the enums from that list given. The enums can be found on this page: https://dev.twitter.com/ads/basics/enums

So in this case it needs to be title=“TITLE”, and although I haven’t seen the effect of it firsthand I’m assuming it defines where to pull the title text from.

Thanks,

John

Ah! Ok that error makes sense now. Thanks!