Cannot get website whitelisted for twitter cards

For a long time on our Philips websites, we have had twitter cards on our pages for summary_image and a couple of weeks ago we changed this to summary_image_large

When trying to tweet a URL of our Philips.com website, it does not show any twitter card anymore, so I tried to use the validator to see what could be the issue. While I know the whitelist could be a false positive, I tried to resubmit a new whitelist authorization with the following URL:

I received back an email that the URL was not accessible, however based on the troubleshooting steps we could not see why not.

1. The user-agent Twitterbot is not blocked by https://www.philips.com/robots.txt

2. We saw that during my validation of the URL, the TwitterBot was able to retrieve the URL and got a 200 response
    199.16.157.180 - - [08/Nov/2017:08:46:10 +0000] “GET /www.philips.com/a-w/innovationandyou/article/extended-story/a-little-more-action.html HTTP/1.1” 200 20142 “-” “Twitterbot/1.0” “-” “1072_27393||”

3. When loading the page with Javascript disabled, the meta-tags are still appearing in the page

4. We also saw no requests coming in from the IP range as specified (199.59.156.* or 199.59.148.*)

Does someone have an idea what we would have to check as well on top of our investigation to get our website whitelisted (again) for using the summary_large_image twitter cards?

Your content contains:

<meta property="twitter:card" content="summary_image_large">

It’s easy to miss this, but the correct tag should be “summary_large_image” - you have it the other way around.

Okay, now I feel really stupid that I did not see this before @andypiper. Also perhaps strange the developer did not verify the correct values via the documentation, but in any case I now know what at least we need to fix and afterwards check if we should actually need validation/whitelisting or not.

Thanks for this, sometimes you look and look but never find as you have been looking at it for too long.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.