Can we suggest update to some of the docs

Hi there!

I would like to propose a few changes to this page.

1. WordPress is spelled with a capital P.
  2. The Jetpack plugin was updated a few months ago, and now includes a section under Settings > Sharing allowing you to customize the twitter:site value.
  3. Some of the Jetpack screenshots are outdated, as the user interface was redesigned a little while ago.
  4. The docs mention 2 different Jetpack modules, “Sharing” and “Publicize”, but only recommend to activate one, “Sharing”. To get the Publicize section to appear in the post editor, you need to activate and configure the Publicize module.
  5. WordPress.com includes a similar setting, also under Settings > Sharing in the dashboard.

I’d be happy to provide an updated version if that proves easier to update. Just let me know how I can help!

Thanks!

Hi Jeremy - this is awesome! thanks for these very specific updates and suggestions. I’ll add this to my list of doc updates (unfortunately our docs system requires one of our team to make the changes, so it’s just as easy for me to do it than to request an updated version from you).

I’ll try to get these fixed up in the next few days!

Great, thanks a lot!

Let me add a few more details that could help you, then:

• Instructions to connect a WordPress site to your Twitter account via the Publicize module are available here.
  • Once Publicize is connected to Twitter, posts will start including the twitter:creator tag as well, so no need to worry about that.
  • If you don’t use the Publicize module at all but only use the Sharing module, Twitter meta tags are still added, but no twitter:creator meta tag will be added.
  • The jetpack_open_graph_tags filter that’s already mentioned on the page still exists, so folks willing to play with code a bit can edit or add tags. That could be a way to add the twitter:creator tag without using Publicize, for example, with a code like this one:
function tweakjp_custom_twitter_creator( $og_tags ) {
    if ( is_single() ) {
        $og_tags['twitter:creator'] = '@jeherve';
    }
    return $og_tags;
}
add_filter( 'jetpack_open_graph_tags', 'tweakjp_custom_twitter_creator', 11 );

Let me know if you need some extra details about something!