Can we import, display and cache tweets and image data from users with their permission beforehand?

Subject: Question about “non-public user profile data or content”

Dear Twitter
This is Sakamoto from GWT in Japan, considering new service using Twitter
content data, I have read your “Developer Rules of the Road”, and just want
to make it clear about using tweet and image data.
Within our service, we plan to import, display and cache tweets and image
data from users themselves, with permission of the users.
We are asking this because there is statement says,
at 5-D: "Do not store non-public user profile data or content."
We would like to check even with permission from users,
whether this is still forbidden or not.
Your quick response is pretty much appreciated.

Best regards
Y. Sakamoto

Hello,

If you are building an application that qualifies as a client, it is against our Terms to store non-public user profile data or content even if the user has given permission to do so. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
@truebe

Hello

I just want add explanation about our application plan.
We would like to cache information from Twitter only for the user who permit
us this operation, and we will let only user themselves to use their own information.
We do not have plan to others see and use individuals information.
And I am asking this for “Non-Public” information, as Public information is already in public.

Best regards
@Yukku78

Hi Brian (@Truebe)

related to this topic, Dev. Rules of the Rd says at § 4.A. “You may export or extract non-programmatic, GUI-driven Twitter Content as a PDF or spreadsheet by using “save as” or similar functionality. Exporting Twitter Content to a datastore as a service or other cloud based service, however, is not permitted.”

in the light of these can i export twitter non programatic content and save it on a distant cloud base service if it is at user request (each time, no automated) ? use case would be: user want to save his tweets, @reply, mentions to his favorite cloud service / distant “my documents”.

Many thanks for your answer,

Best
@ramarto

Thank @ramarto
So my understanding is this.
As far as it depends on user’s request, each time manually, by using “Save as” or similar functionality, user can save own tweets to his favorite place.
This is clearer.

Regards
Sakamoto