Campaign not exist exception raised when trying to assign tweet engagement targeting to line item

ads
api

#1

I am try to assign some tweet engagement targeting to a line item and I got the following message:
Campaign with id ‘3737812’ does not exist in this account
For which I did not send to the endpoint as a parameter.

Expected result: 201 with created targeting criteria
Actual result: 400 Bad Request

Ad Account: 18ce53uuf0f
Tweet Engagement targeting values (campaign):
2ieh5
2ocyz
2zyfg
306g7
34zr9
35jda
36dlg
38tgq
3et9d
3o422
3oxfc
3oxge
3p95t
3rimi
3rj3u
3sbh3
3sbh8
3scfq
3sdcm
3uf8v
3ufdr
3ug0g
3xcrz
28444
2pqzi
2pr0b

Following is an example of twurl:

<=== [2016-02-16 17:19:38 +0000 :: ovg9f6rkc :: 9qj9 :: 1851862034] twurl -H ads-api.twitter.com -X PUT -d “engagement_type=VIDEO_VIEW_PARTIAL&user_engagement=1851862034&campaign_engagement=2ieh5,2ocyz,2zyfg,306g7,34zr9,35jda,36dlg,38tgq,3et9d,3o422,3oxfc,3oxge,3p95t,3rimi,3rj3u,3sbh3,3sbh8,3scfq,3sdcm,3uf8v,3ufdr,3ug0g,3xcrz,28444,2pqzi,2pr0b&exact_keywords=&broad_keywords=&phrase_keywords=&negative_exact_keywords=&negative_unordered_keywords=&negative_phrase_keywords=&locations=&interests=&gender=&brand=&followers_of_users=&similar_to_followers_of_users=&platforms=&platform_versions=&devices=&wifi_only=&tailored_audiences=&tailored_audiences_expanded=&tailored_audiences_excluded=&tv_shows=&languages=&behaviors=&behaviors_expanded=&negative_behaviors=&network_operators=&app_store_categories=&line_item_id=4d171” "/0/accounts/18ce53uuf0f/targeting_criteria”

===> [2016-02-16 17:19:39 +0000 :: ovg9f6rkc :: 9qj9 :: 400 Bad Request :: 0.622s :: 300/300 (…59s)] {“errors”:[{“code”:“INVALID_PARAMETER”,“message”:“Campaign with id ‘3737812’ does not exist in this account",“attribute”:“targeting_value”},{“code”:“INVALID_PARAMETER”,“message”:“Campaign with id ‘4560606’ does not exist in this account”,“attribute”:“targeting_value”},{“code”:“INVALID_PARAMETER”,“message”:“Campaign with id ‘4560635’ does not exist in this account”,“attribute”:“targeting_value”}],“request”:{“params”:{“locations”:”",“tv_shows”:"",“line_item_id”:“4d171”,“tailored_audiences_excluded”:"",“tailored_audiences_expanded”:"",“tailored_audiences”:"",“similar_to_followers_of_users”:"",“behaviors_expanded”:"",“exact_keywords”:"",“app_store_categories”:"",“negative_unordered_keywords”:"",“platforms”:"",“campaign_engagement”:“2ieh5,2ocyz,2zyfg,306g7,34zr9,35jda,36dlg,38tgq,3et9d,3o422,3oxfc,3oxge,3p95t,3rimi,3rj3u,3sbh3,3sbh8,3scfq,3sdcm,3uf8v,3ufdr,3ug0g,3xcrz,28444,2pqzi,2pr0b”,“account_id”:“18ce53uuf0f”,“languages”:"",“network_operators”:"",“broad_keywords”:"",“negative_exact_keywords”:"",“interests”:"",“engagement_type”:“VIDEO_VIEW_PARTIAL”,“behaviors”:"",“followers_of_users”:"",“user_engagement”:“1851862034”,“negative_phrase_keywords”:"",“wifi_only”:"",“platform_versions”:"",“phrase_keywords”:"",“devices”:"",“negative_behaviors”:"",“gender”:""}}}


#2

Thanks for the inquiry!

Two notes here:

  • Our system has a bug, in that the campaign ID returned is not an Ads API ID (alphanumeric), but rather an internal ID (numeric). I have created a ticket to track this, and notified our Product team. That said, there is no timetable for a fix.

  • In predicting the larger issue, the access to the specific Campaign is an error in using the API. Specifically, the Campaign that is referenced (2pqzi) was created by User 1. However the attempt at access to this same Campaign record is done by a different user, User 2, who does not have access to it.

The key is to debugging this is twofold:

1.) Looking up the given Campaign in the UI, you see that the user who created it is User 1
2.) The URL of their request is /0/accounts/18ce53uuf0f/targeting_criteria, where 18ce53uuf0f is User 2.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!


#3

Thanks for the reply!


#4

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.