Callback URL

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my callback URL : the connection to Twitter works well ( I’m redirected to Twitter login page, okay) but when I’m connected, it doesn’t redirect me to my callback url.

Is that normal ? I missed something or … ?

EDIT : Okay I found my error, it works ^^

What was your error?

If i follow some, had to appear my blue bird mark.
But did not blue bird mark.

If i follow someone, had to appeared blue bird mark.
But did not appear blue mark.

This is pretty incomprehensible. Why doesn’t someone from twitter or the documentation please just explain what the callback URL is? What’s supposed to be at the other end of that URL? Do I just make something up, and it magically works? If so, what’s the point?

I’ve been a developer for 20 years, so this is not a “clueless new dev” situation. This is a “your documentation is so lacking as to be utterly worthless” situation.

It obviously has something to do with the oAuth process, but just as obviously there’s no documentation as to what it’s supposed to be and whether or not it’s required for non-web situations (connecting for Twitter login via Parse.com for a client’s app, in my case).

If you want people to use your framework for login (and you clearly do) then why the heck don’t you provide ACTUAL INSTRUCTIONS for making use of it??!

Frustrating as hell.

Hate twitter just a little more today than I did yesterday.

Spectacular job on the developer relations front, team.

@SpikeJones8
I’m setting up this filed and after refreshing it keeps be blank =)
also trying to make it work for parse.com!

Honestly it gets pretty confusing at times.

Hi
i face this issue

Failed to validate oauth signature and token

I just tried setting up an app, but when entering the website’s URL (which is exchange.singles), it throws an error that it’s not a valid URL. How to solve this?

when authorization process id done one pin num.is display .where i suppose to be write that pin?

when using a twitter callback of the form

http://host/app/index.html#/twitter

the oauth callback becomes this

http://host/app/index.html?oauth_token=123&oauth_verifier=ABC#/twitter

why is #/twitter pushed to the end, and can this be avoided (e.g. quoting URL, backslash charachters, URL encoding)?

Thanks

Totally agree. You try to find documentation about what’s the definition of “Callback URL” and how Twitter APIs actually uses them (just because you want to understand and not put random strings), and you keep ending up on forum pages like this one, where people exchange tricks like “It worked for me when I left it blank”, or “Just put 127.0.0.1”, or “It doesn’t matter, just put a fancy website URL here”.
Somehow like if you were trying to figure out what a gear lever is for on a car, and all the answers you could get were of the sort “Never mind, in my case I leave it set on ‘2’ and it works”.