Callback url

I need an example of adding a call back url and passing a querystring param back to my website.
I am useing GetAuthorizationUrl to pass that to Twitter to be returned and it is not working.
example of my use: GetAuthorizationUrl ( unauthToken, “mywebsitenamehere.com?Type=2” )
thanks

What language+library are you using?

When you say “it is not working”, what is the exact error or unexpected behavior you’re seeing?

no me da error, pero no me da autenticacion a la hora de iniciar session en otra web

I am using C#.
What I mean by it is not working is that: this is a web base OAuth, when a client clicks on the register button and is taken to twitter to sign in and authorize or register, the return address does not contain the params that i added in the callback url. My callback url should be like this: mywebsitenamehere.com?Type=2, the param Type=2 is not sent back to my website.
Thanks

Are you providing an explicit oauth_callback value on the request token step of OAuth? Is the URL fully qualified and valid? http://mywebsitenamehere.com/?Type=2 would be valid while mywebsitenamehere.com?Type=2 would not.

I am calling GetRequestToken ( CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET ) and passing the auth token from that and the full call back url of http://www.mywebsitename.com/thispage.aspx?Type=2

I dont know why they do not added strick to this field CALLBACK URL
its totally destroying me…I am not able what to do with this field can any help here…

hi I got accesstoken and secret. I have given callback URL:“http://127.0.0.0:8080/twittersign/callback” but its not redirecting. Why?

:slight_smile:

127.0.0.0 is your machine. You need to have it hosted on a server that twitter can reach. With that address twitter will just sent a message to itself because 127.0.0.0 refers to your local machine.

If the application is still in development the call back url will not be available? So how do you get around this?
You can override the call back URL when submitted the request for the token but that always yield an error also for me.

The same problem. Is there any solution?

I do not understand something How do I dump them emblem

All this geek stuff is utterly incomprehensible. Millions of potential customers and users worldwide are being locked out of the more varied, sophisticated, creative and newest parts of the Internet because of the incomprehensible complexity of the “geek-speak” and super-abbreviated terminology being used. This is part of the crisis of communication occurring now like a pandemic throughout the Internet.

lol geek speak.

I think there is a possibility to understand that there is a limited way of communicating technical issues without “not involving” some. Alot of people with this view become s.e.m gurus and take it out on developers with wild complex incomprehensible ideas that should turn a profit.

I followed this tutorial. http://www.androidhive.info/2012/09/android-twitter-oauth-connect-tutorial/
Make sure you don’t miss out the manifest. The TWITTER_CALLBACK_URL is linked to the manifest. Got it to redirect back to my application, or simply put " " at your URL, as it will automatically read the callback URL that you set in your developer’s account. Try if it works.

I couldn’t agree more. All I’m trying to do is hook up a WP plugin so that my blog will tweet my new posts. It shouldn’t be this hard and confusing…or at the very least there should be Help? buttons next to fields that normal people aren’t sure of. I don’t understand what the hell a Callback URL is or where I get one…or if it’s just my wesite address entered again.

No Help? buttons, tabs, or quickie tutorials is ridiculous if they are going to require this level of nonsense just to do simple things.

Gimna cranya callback url tu ap mksdnya?

I tried to enter my website address again, but it was not accepted. I am utterly confused by this Callback URL, and I agree that there should be more help provided to get around this problem. The relevent section in the FAQ is totally incomprehensible and just confused me more.
HELP!