BUG - Partial service crashes with ERRORS with code 403

Dear Twitter Team,

We have had partial service crashes with ERRORS with code 403, via API when we have tried to publish in the following days:

10/26/2018, 10/24/2018, 10/23/2018, 10/25/2018.

Could you tell me what happened?

Thanks in advance.

What API endpoint are you calling? What error messages were you receiving?

HTTP 403 corresponds with approximately 25 documented error conditions, so more information would be very helpful here.

If you’ve been hitting a POSTing limit, that could be because of the pre-announced change to reduce default limits for all apps. You can apply for elevated access if needed.

If you were not aware of the change, I’d recommend checking out our list of resources for following API platform changes and staying informed.

Hello andypiper :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for answering.
I confirm that our EndPoint, depending on what we need, point to:

https://twitter.com
https://api.twitter.com/1.1
https://upload.twitter.com/1.1

Regarding the link that you have given us, we had previously fulfilled these two points:

If you hit rate limits beginning today, you can apply for free, elevated access by following these steps:
1.- Make sure you have applied for a developer account 61 - start your application 57 if you have not.
2.- Complete a request for elevated POST access with the steps below.

Finally, we do not get this option: A. Select 'I would like to apply for elevated POST limits.

Waiting for your news, receive a cordial greeting.

Thanks in advance.

Which app ID are you using when these error codes are triggered?

Hi LeBraat,

Our application works with the Token and Token Secret values ​​of the application Id: 6540979

Waiting for your news, receive a cordial greeting.

Thanks in advance.

I see that you are hitting rate limits with the following endpoints:

account/verify_credentials
followers/ids

For account/verify_credentials, what is your use case to be hitting that endpoint at the volume that you are?

If you would like an elevation for followers/ids, please reach out to our enterprise data team.

Hello LeBraat :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your answer.
We thought you had abandoned us.

I mention the following:
1.- EndPoint: account / verify_credentials. The user when they log in for the first time, receives the information of their profile. That is, ProfileImageURL, Name, ScreenName, etc.
2.- EndPoint: followers / ids. The user gets his followers, friends, favorites, etc.

Analyzing your answer, please, you could indicate us:
What volume are we making calls to the EndPoint: account / verify_credentials ?. What are the limits ?.
What volume are we making calls to the EndPoint: followers / ids ?. What are the limits ?.

Waiting for an answer from you, receive a cordial greeting.

Thanks in advance.

You can review our rate limits in our documentation and on each of our endpoint’s API reference pages.

For account/verify_credentials , what is your use case to be hitting that endpoint at the volume that you are?

If you would like an elevation for followers/ids , please reach out to our enterprise data team.

Our team is distributed around the globe and we may not always be able to answer a question quickly. We have different schedules and sometimes it may take a few days. Thanks for your patience! This is a community forum, not a direct channel to technical support.