Blocked users aren't technically blocked

Hi All,
This is my first post in this great community. I hesitated where to write this post but I think it fits here better. I’ll try to be concise as much as I can.

I’m working on a smart spam filter for the arabic content of Twitter. So my system will group similar spam accounts based on their tweets. If a user don’t want to see their tweets, the system will go ahead and block those accounts for that specific user. I have a few users using the system right now. Their feedback are very positive. Their experience with Twitter improved and their interactions with the followers also increased.

However, I have a big issue that might decrease the usability of the system. The issue is that when a user blocks certain accounts, those accounts are still showing in the search stream for that user. So the main benefit of blocking/reporting accounts is not very useful. If I block or report an account, I can still see its tweets when I browse trending topics.

Is there a plan in the future to extend the blocking to even search streams ? So users who block those accounts will never see them while browsing trending tweets.

I hope I managed to deliver my message. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Bander