Authentication Failed. Returns error "403 Forbidden: The request is understood, but it has been refused"

Hi,
In our website we have an option for users to login using twitter. It is working fine for the last 1 year, now it has an issue.

When I click on “Login with twitter”, it returns back to the website/callBackURL without showing the twitter login page.

I debugged the script and got this error “Authentication failed! Twitter returned an error. 403 Forbidden: The request is understood, but it has been refused.”

Can anyone help me on this error and provide me some suggesstions to solve this issue.

Thanks

I’m guessing you are running into the result of OAuth callbacks having to be pre-defined. Go to apps.twitter.com and add the your sites callback URL to the app settings.

I have the Call back URL added in the app setting.

Please note: The application is working fine in my website before few days back.

Have you made any adjustments to your consumer key or secret recently? I’m not aware of anything happening internally that would have caused this.

Any additional information that you can provide will help us investigate.

Hi the consumer key or secret is not changed until I got the error. While trying to fix the issue, I have re-generated keys and made the corresponding changes in my program also.

Can you please specify what kind of information you need on the APP.

Hi any help on the issue would be appreciated.