Authentication error 401 code 32 when verifying Twitter Digits credentials on iOS

I am using Twitter digits in my app. When the user signs into Digits, I save the auth token, auth token secret, userId, and phone number in the user’s keychain. On every launch, I make a call to account/verify_credentials endpoint to verify the user’s credentials. After the user signs in, every time I try to authenticate the user’s credentials, I get a 401 error, with a 32 error code. Here is the response I receive:

<NSHTTPURLResponse: 0x17ec18f0> { URL: https://api.twitter.com/1.1/account/verify_credentials.json } { status     code: 401, headers {
    "Content-Encoding" = deflate;
    "Content-Length" = 76;
    "Content-Type" = "application/json;charset=utf-8";
    Date = "Sat, 27 Dec 2014 22:24:34 UTC";
    Server = "tsa_a";
   "Strict-Transport-Security" = "max-age=631138519";
    "x-connection-hash" = ae27b1aa0d5e35c86ae3494d3d1bf5ec;
    "x-response-time" = 7;
} }

Here is my code for sending the request:

NSString *authToken = [SSKeychain passwordForService:kDigitsAuthToken account:kRLTwitterAuth];
NSString *authTokenSecret = [SSKeychain passwordForService:kDigitsAuthTokenSecret account:kRLTwitterAuth];
NSString *userId = [SSKeychain passwordForService:kDigitsUserId account:kRLTwitterAuth];
NSString *phoneNumber = [SSKeychain passwordForService:kDigitsPhoneNumber account:kRLTwitterAuth];
DGTSession *newSession = [[DGTSession alloc] initWithAuthToken:authToken authTokenSecret:authTokenSecret userID:userId phoneNumber:phoneNumber];

TWTROAuthSigning *oauthSigning = [[TWTROAuthSigning alloc] initWithAuthConfig:[Twitter sharedInstance].authConfig authSession:newSession];
NSDictionary *authHeaders = [oauthSigning OAuthEchoHeadersToVerifyCredentials];
NSString *requestURLString = authHeaders[TWTROAuthEchoRequestURLStringKey];
NSString *authorizationHeader = authHeaders[TWTROAuthEchoAuthorizationHeaderKey];

NSMutableURLRequest *request = [self requestForURL:requestURLString];
[request setValue:authorizationHeader forHTTPHeaderField:@"Authorization"];

Am I doing something wrong? This was working, but it stopped for some reason.

I’m seeing code 32 errors on certain users as well. Most verification of credentials are OK but some users consistently generate echo headers that fail verification. I have a few examples saved if anyone at twitter wants to take a look.

Twitter please your help! i get the same with the 215 error code :\

Hey Nick, I have the exact same problem. I get the code 32 error with only some users. Were you able to solve this?

I haven’t seen this in a while. It doesn’t appear to be happening for me anymore.

Damn, I’ve been getting it for a couple of weeks now. I’m not sure there’s a pattern, but it happens with users that are not very active. I can’t find many answers to this specific problem either.