Auth and developing with more than one account

api-access
authorization
account-access
authentication

Hello,

I have recentely registered as twitter developer and I’ve been developing with a Python library using a (let’s call it @development_account) within a personal project.

I have achieved to publish tweets into my account, but now I want to get to output tweets to my organization twitter account (let’s call it @organization_account), and I don’t know how to do.

When I created the developer account with username @development_account I registered my @organization_account and when creating the app I added the @organization_account to the development team.

I can send tweets to my @development_account but I don’t know how to tweet to my @organization_account. How can I relate these two accounts and make the app send tweets to one or the other?

Also, I read the docs and got overwhelmed by all the authentication choices. What do I need for a bot app which shouldn’t ask for password or tokens? I want the bot to work without expirations. If someone could point me out the more suitable way for doing this, I would be grateful.

Thank you very much.

I just posted a response to a similar forum topic here:

You are going to need to use 3-legged oauth to authorize your app to post on behalf of another @handle.

I’m reading now.

Thank you very much.

I have read quickly and not in much detail, but I can’t see how can I choose another twitter account to tweet to.

Do I need to open another Twitter developer account for the production app?

Just in case, I’m reading in detail again now and testing within Python all the http API calls for learning how to work with the auth and everything.

Hi @pescandogangas. Did you manage to find the solution to your question?

Hamza

I’m afraid not. I’ve been working in other things also, so I didn’t have any time for this. I will write again as soon as possible when I face this problem again.