Audience Upload via API

Hi there,

I have an advertiser using the API to upload audiences. In the ads manager, these are displaying as :Website visitors", they are an audience of mobile app users. Is there a change their dev guys can make to get the audiences to display as “uploaded list”. Screen shot attached.

Cheers,

Maeve09%20AM

Thanks for the question, @MaeveMcArdle. Could you share some tailored audience IDs so we can look into it?

For reference, there are two values shown under the audience name which are derived from the audience’s audience_type and list_type values.

Once we have some IDs, we can look into those specific audiences to determine what could be going on.

Thanks!

Hi @juanshishido, I’m part of the account team for this client here at Twitter. Just waiting on TA IDs from the client. Cheers, Maeve

Hi @juanshishido,

I’ve got the list of TA id’s uploaded via API

i4271296:Retargeting custom audience targeting
i4271435:Retargeting custom audience targeting
i4271485:Retargeting custom audience targeting

Best,

Maeve

Hey @MaeveMcArdle

Thank you for the details, we’ll investiage the issue and let you know what we find.

Thanks!

Hi Guys, Checking in here, do we know if this is a display issue only, or how the advertiser can take action to change how audiences are displayed in the audience manager?

Cheers,

Maeve

Hey @MaeveMcArdle

These don’t seem to be display issues and indicate that a field was set incorrectly, though how this was set is still a bit unclear. Would it be possible to gather the exact API request/responses used to create these Audiences?

Thanks!

Sure, here it is

r = requests.post(
self.AUDIENCE_ENDPOINT,
json=[{
“operation_type”: “Update”,
“params”: {
“advertiser_account_id”: self.account_id,
“user_identifier”: self.gen_user_identifier(device_id, id_type),
“user_identifier_type”: “DEVICE_ID”,
“audience_names”: audience_name,
“effective_at”: datetime.datetime.utcnow().strftime(’%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ’),
“expires_at”: self.gen_expires_at(action)
}
} for device_id in device_ids],
auth=auth
)
AUDIENCE_ENDPOINT = ‘https://ads-api.twitter.com/3/tailored_audience_memberships
auth берется из БД: auth = OAuth1(
api_keys[‘client_key’],
api_keys[‘client_secret’],
api_keys[‘access_token’],
api_keys[‘access_token_secret’]
)
account_id = ‘18ce53w6hu7’

Hi Guys, were you able to spot anything in the request that looks incorrect?

Hey @MaeveMcArdle

Apologies for the delay in response and everything looks correct in terms of the request itself. We’re actually planning several changes to our Audiences product and given these changes, our team doesn’t have the resources to fix any existing Audience issues.

In the meantime, I’d recommend re-uploading these Audiences (under a different name) and let me know if you’re still seeing issues.

Thanks!

Hey, the advertiser has uploaded the audiences again under a different name (audiences uploaded on the 18/19th April.) They are still seeing these listed as website audiences rather than “uploaded lists”. Is there a time line of when we will see changes to the real time api in relation to the audience product?

Best,

Maeve