Assertion when adding TWTRTweetView to view hierarchy

ios

I am receiving the following assertion when adding a TWTRTweetView to the view hierarchy:

Fatal Exception: NSInternalInconsistencyException
Invalid parameter not satisfying: placeValue > 0

And it spawns from:

*** Assertion failure in CFIndex NSISSparseVectorAddTermWithPlaceValueCoefficientStartingIndex(NSISSparseVector, NSISPlaceValue_t, NSISFloat_t, NSISFloat_t, CFIndex)(), /SourceCache/Foundation/Foundation-1142.14/Layout.subproj/IncrementalSimplex/NSISCommon.m:246

This assertion only occurs on a device. The device type is an iPhone 6. I haven’t tried any other device. The crash does not occur in the simulator. I have tried many simulated devices and all the TWTRTweetViews render correctly.

Has anyone seen this before? I feel I must be abusing the API somehow, but I am following the guides. The Google seemed to be no help either…!

Hi campbellgambill,

Would you be able to provide some code on where or how you are adding the TWTRTweetViews?

Thanks,

I am displaying TWTRTweetViews inside collection view cells. Here is the what the code inside cellForItemAtIndexPath looks like:

TWTRTweet *tweet = self.tweetArray[indexPath.row];
[cell.tweetView configureWithTweet:tweet];
cell.tweetView.delegate = self;
cell.tweetView.frame = cell.bounds;   

And here is what the code inside my custom collection view cell looks like as far as initializing the tweet view and adding it to the view hierarchy:

- (void)layoutSubviews
{
    [super layoutSubviews];

if (!self.tweetView.superview) {
        [self.contentView addSubview:self.tweetView];
    }
}

- (TWTRTweetView *)tweetView
{
    if (!_tweetView) {
        _tweetView = [[TWTRTweetView alloc] init];
        _tweetView.showBorder = NO;
    }
    return _tweetView;
}

I have tried just making a TWTRTweetView in isolation in a different view controller and just adding it to the view controllers view and I get the same assertion.