Application not approved

Same here :slightly_frowning_face:

If your application was not approved, the use case that you provided is against our policy. We do not comment on specific applications.

1. Is possibile to know when applications that already exist will be definitively killed if not approved?

2. Isn’t possible to submit a new request of approval correcting what was wrong?

3. is it possible to get a direct contact to someone who manage it to understand what is wrong in a specific application?

Good questions.

1. We are not killing off any apps. You can read more about recent changes that we made related to this inbound here: Keeping things safe - new requirements affecting developers

2. At this point in time, it is not possible to submit a new request.

3. I am your direct contact at this point in time. Please review our policies to better understand how your use case doesn’t fit.

We are continually working on this process and will see improvements on these points in the future. I apologize for any inconveniences at this point in time.

My english isn’t perfect, so please let me know if I understood well:
Old applications that were created before this update will continue to work but, since September 10th, there will be new limitations.

I have the same question as well and will restate it here for clarity. Regarding this:

Does this mean that apps that are not approved for the new developer account will still continue to function indefinitely? If not, then roughly how long until API access is removed?

What was your use case for your app? I’m interested to see if we could check your use case against the policy. I started a thread where I thought we as a community could share failed use cases as a knowledge base and use that to determine whether a new use case would likely be contrary to policy.

More on my use-case here:

@3R_LikeNoOther - If you have created a Twitter app via the apps.twitter.com platform before July 24th, then you will be able to manage that Twitter app via apps.twitter.com for the foreseeable future. If you have applied for a new developer account, you will also be able to edit manage that Twitter app via the developer portal as well. Since July 24th, you are required to have an approved developer account to create new apps.

If you are using one of the POST endpoints (Tweet, Retweet, Favorite, DM, Follow), you are currently rate limited based on the user level. On October 22nd (announcement about the delay), there will be new App level rate limits applied to those endpoints. These POST rate limits will be applied to all Twitter apps, regardless of when they were created.

At this point in time, we have announced that we will be retiring apps.twitter.com, and will be providing developers with a 90-day period to prepare for this change. At that point in time, all Twitter app creation and management will need to go through the new developer portal. We have not announced any plans beyond this. Please make sure to visit our stay informed page to learn how to stay up-to-date with future updates.

It seems like the approval of the developer account and the approval of an app have been conflated. I may develop a hundred apps over the course of a year, however my developer account was declined based on a submission that rejected the one app that was described in the application process. At this point, I would think the approval should be on me, not the app, and then a separate approval for the app. Since I have been rejected (without any indication of what was wrong with the app) I can no longer work on the other 99 apps which might have been perfectly fine under the Twitter rules. Once a developer has been rejected, is there a way to reapply using a different app that hopefully is fully compliant?

@ttweets_two - To kick things off, there is now a limit of 10 apps per developer account. You shouldn’t need more than this, but if you do have a worthwhile use case, then you can apply for elevated access by following these steps.

You should have outlined all of your use cases in the application process, including the one for which you were rejected.

I suggest that you create a new Twitter account, apply with the use cases that weren’t rejected, and then submit the following form to transfer the Twitter apps that are in-line with our policy over to the new account:
https://help.twitter.com/forms/platform

Understood. However, the apps meant to engage the users of my Twitter account. If app generates a post such as a taking 10 tweets and posting the summary of these 10 tweets, the audience is the followers of my account. If I create a new account, any posts will not be seen by my current follower base, so the solution of creating a new account will not fulfill the app objective.

I don’t know much about your use case, but if you were denied for this use case with your first application, then you will very likely be denied for the same use case if you apply again.

However, if you did adjust your use case to be in-line with our policy, then you could authorize your new account to post on behalf of the @handle that you want to post on behalf of so that your posts will be seen by your audience.

You can learn more about this process here.

I am in a similar position where my developer account access was not approved, presumably because my application proposal was not compliant (but in reality I think because the reviewer did not like my comment that I didn’t know how to state some of the information any more clearly).

Since I got no feedback as to what portion of my proposal was non-compliant (if indeed any was) is the expected action that I take to simply keep creating new accounts with modified proposals until one is accepted?

This seems like a colossal waste of time for both me and your reviewers. If anyone can get back to me (not necessarily publicly) with details on the non compliant portions I would be happy to adjust my use case accordingly as this is green field development for me.

@prionson - I responded to you in another topic that you posted in.

Thanks for the response. Neither really helps me work out what was wrong with the use case. I have re-read the policies and have restricted my use case further so the it falls clearly within scope and resubmitted so hopefully that get through.

Well I must have guessed right!

*******cut/paste

Your Twitter developer account application has been approved!

Thanks for applying for access. We’ve completed our review of your application, and are excited to share that your request has been approved.

Sign in to your developer account to get started.

*******cut/paste

Hooray!

Have to say that was really quick response for the 2nd application so you’ve won me over quite a bit after my initial dissatisfaction.

Glad to hear you made it through the process!

To those that do decide to reapply with a different account, I do want to be clear that our team actively compares API usage to the use cases that are submitted with the applications. If we see any usage that deviates from that use case, especially if it is against our policy, it is grounds for termination of access.

Please make sure to be respectful to the platform, and happy developing!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.