Apple reject my app due to lacking report function

ios

We created just normal Twitter client app for iOS with TwitterKit and rejected from apple due to lacking report function. The reviewer insisted the app is CGM app, so need to be implemented reporting function, etc.

I explained I don’t have a permisson to remove contents from Twitter, also Our app provides link for tweet page, so User can access twitter’s report function via Safari. but they said it should be there in the app.

I am feeling it is difficult to implement as they described. Could anybody help?

• Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users.
  • A method for filtering objectionable content.
  • A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content.
  • A mechanism for users to block abusive users.
  • The developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content.

Hey @buncho,

That sounds a bit odd from Apple so you may want to file an appeal. An alternate approach would be to use the filterSensitiveTweets options: https://docs.fabric.io/appledocs/Twitter/Classes/TWTRSearchTimelineDataSource.html#//api/name/filterSensitiveTweets so that you can remove any potentially unsafe content by default.

Thank you for replying.

While I claimed but they had not allowed to release without changes.

so I implemented report button with report_spam API, Finally I could release it.
Thanks!

I got rejected for the same thing (Is the user able to block, or report, objectionable content or users?).

Was adding your own “report” button the only way to satisfy them, or is there an option in TWTRTimelineViewController to block or report?