I have developed a SharePoint WebPart which shows our companies private account timeline (and does nothing else). It used TweetSharp for C# and stopped working when API1 was retired. I updated to a new Version of TweetSharp, deployed it on my test server and it worked again. I then deployed the same WebPart to the production server, and it was unable to get any tweets, while at the same time getting tweets on the test server.
I then switched from TweetSharp to LinqToTwitter, same story: It worked on two of the test servers, but I got “No message from Twitter” on the production server. The servers are managed by the same policies, so they have the same access to the Internet. With API1 it worked without problems on the production server.
This is probably not a SharePoint Problem, since the WebPart is pretty simple, works on two test servers, and worked before with API1, so I guess I have to change some twitter settings in App Management, but I don’t know where to start. I’m pretty new to Twitter Development.