App Card Does Not Appear in Timeline in iOS Twitter App

Our app is configured to embed an App Card in shared links. This is working fine in the desktop Twitter site. However, in the Mobile App the app card will not show up in the timeline view (Image 1, below). It will only appear if I tap on the actual tweet and it opens the expanded view (Image 2, below). Furthermore, tapping on the link in the tweet takes me to the Twitter webview, instead of deep linking into our app.

Image 1:

Image 2:

My questions about this behavior are:

1. Is it expected for the App Card to be invisible in the timeline view?
  2. Is there a way to force the iOS Twitter App to open the link in my native app instead of the webview?
  3. Is there a way to change the aspect ratio of the image displayed for summary cards, or summary_large_image cards?

Currently this is how the App Cards work. From time to time we experiment with having the cards shown directly in the timeline, but at the moment they are not.

The Install button should redirect to the App Store, I’m not sure where the web view is coming in?

No, this is not possible.

Thanks Andy. For Question #2 I meant to ask, is there a way to configure a
summary card to redirect to the app store or a deep link?

Not that I am aware of.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.