API Key

Hi guys,
I’m trying to add @anywhere functionality to my site. It looks like you may have changed the model on how you set up @anywhere on the site. I registered a new application, but I can’t find the API Key anywhere in the details or the settings. I have an existing application that uses the REST API with OAuth, but I can’t seem to find the API Key for the new application. Help a brother out?
Thanks,
Peter

From this site, take a look on your Client Application Details. The “API Key” you’re looking for is the “Consumer key” (displayed in the OAuth settings section).

Thanks, I figured it must be. They changed the application registration since the last time I used it.

This is still a bit of a problem.

The anywhere docs still refer to “API_KEY” when they should refer to “oAuth Consumer Token”: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/anywhere/welcome

Also on the Application Detail page it states “Your application’s OAuth settings. Keep the “Consumer secret” a secret. This key should never be human-readable in your application” but the Anywhere docs tell you to use it in your script tag src.

I’ll fix up those docs today to reference the less specific flow. But the @Anywhere docs never make reference to the consumer secret in regards to basic use – it’s unused in @Anywhere entirely, with the exception of the optional server-side components you can make use of as described in the “Working with the current user” section.

Thanks for the info =)

thanks for the info

thanks

@all how to post an image to twitter through android application

Thank’s for the info

how can i get twitter status id from twitter home page?

tesuto

testing twitter data

If i want to create new Twitter App, with what i must fill the “Website” form?
please help me!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello people,

the twitter keys and access code that I generated a month ago and used to extract tweets have suddenly stopped working with error 401. I use these keys to extract tweets using Flume. Till last Sat it was working fine but not so today (Monday 2nd of June 9.00 am). I regenerated the keys but that did not help. The error message I get is -

401:Authentication credentials (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/auth) were missing or incorrect. Ensure that you have set valid consumer key/secret, access token/secret, and the system clock is in sync.

I did not do any changes to the four lines where the keys are mentioned. Any pointers in the right direction from here will be of immense help.

Thanks

Thanks for the report, we’re working on fixing that problem with the public streams.

It should now be working once again.

Hi