@Anywhere cross domain issue

I am writing a web app and want to use the twitter oauth via javascript if at all possible. I am currently trying to use @Anywhere which seems to work but I’ve noticed in Chrome currently when I run the following code:

twttr.anywhere(function (T) {
        T.signIn();
        T.bind("authComplete", function (e, user) {
          // triggered when auth completed successfully
          console.log("AUTH COMPLETE");
        });

T.bind("signOut", function (e) {
          // triggered when user logs out
        });
      });

As soon as the popup appears if i look at my error console I see that I have a cross domain error: “Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL https://api.twitter.com/xd_receiver.html from frame with URL about:blank. Domains, protocols and ports must match.”

I have modified my etc/hosts file so that my local dev is running as a domain and not 127.0.0.1 or localhost. I added the domain to the @Anywhere domain list.

Not sure if this is helpful or not but I am also using jQuery on the same page. Originally I making the call to twitter from inside a jQuery function but have since moved it outside of the jQuery function and still get the same error.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Are you accessing the page on localhost through a webserver or just through file:// URL type? You’ll need to make sure it’s accessed on a web server. What’s the consumer key you’re using?

@Anywhere is showing its age a bit and isn’t being explicitly tested on newer browser versions of mixings with jQuery. You may find the options available in [node:183] more reliable.