Advanced conversion tracking fails w/ example script

ads
javascript

My site is using Advanced conversion tracking. Our code follows the same pattern as the example here.

In spite of that we are seeing a large number of ReferenceError: twttr is not defined errors. Is there something I’m missing here?

Hi @hamza,

Happy to help. Would you be able to provide me the exact code snippet you’re using on your site, and perhaps a URL where I can see the error myself? That should help us get to the bottom of what might be going on.

Thanks much,

Mike

Hi @brooklynmike,

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for taking this long to get back to you!

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to provide a URL where this happens stably, since I haven’t been able to reproduce it myself. However, our error tracking tool is reporting it from real clients out there, with high frequency.

Here is our code.

Thanks!

Are you using some kind of AdBlocker?

Hi @hector_borras, I personally am not, but as I indicated, this is not an issue impacting me, but rather one that is showing up for our customers. That’s an interesting point though, I’ll do some testing and see if I can reproduce the behavior that way.

Try to install “AdBlock” and you will see that adblock is blocking the javascript library, that’s the problem, because when the pixel needs to be fired, there isn’t the javascript object.

That appears to be it! Thanks a lot @hector_borras. Any tips on detecting whether a user has an adblocker in place? I’ve seen some posts on Stackoverflow about it, but curious for your take.

Hi @hamza

I know some websites that detect it and block the entire website until you whitlistes the domain. I didn’t tryed before so I don’t know how to achieve this

Thanks!