Ads v1 API - Different stats between entities

Hi guys!

I’m using the synchronous and asynchronous endpoints to request data for different entities (ACCOUNT, FUNDING_INSTRUMENT, CAMPAIGN, etc.), but I’m noticing different statistics between some of them.

For all of the requests I request both placements (ALL_ON_TWITTER and PUBLISHER_NETWORK), and aggregate their results to get a correct total. This seems to be working for Campaigns, Ad groups and anything below, but does not seem to work for Funding instruments and Accounts. For example, when requesting the amount of impressions, Funding instruments and Accounts return a total of 23,946 impressions, while Campaigns etc. return 118,507 impressions… this difference is significant.

I checked the separate requests for each placement, and found that for Accounts and Funding instruments no data is returned for the PUBLISHER_NETWORK placement.
Is this by design? Is it perhaps not possible to fetch data from the Twitter Audience Platform for entities ACCOUNT and FUNDING_INSTRUMENT?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Tiana

Thanks for the detailed question, @Tianape. Our team will investigate and get back to you. Please know it may take a while for us to get to the root cause of this issue, though.

Thanks @juanshishido!

Let me know if any more information is needed for investigation.

@Tianape: Could you please provide a few examples, with the account and funding instrument ID(s)? Then we can compare the ALL_ON_TWITTER and PUBLISHER_NETWORK data. Thanks again.

Of course!

Here’s an account ID: 18ce53up702
And a funding instrument ID: i8v1c

All requests are formatted the same, except for the entity_ids that are sent to the API. Making use of the asynchronous endpoint (Funding instruments) for this example:

https://ads-api.twitter.com/1/stats/jobs/accounts/18ce53up702?entity=FUNDING_INSTRUMENT&metric_groups=ENGAGEMENT&granularity=TOTAL&start_time=2017-03-01&end_time=2017-04-01&entity_ids=i8v1c&placement=ALL_ON_TWITTER

Getting the data from the created jobs results in the following results.
Requesting impressions for March 2017 for the account:

• Placement ALL_ON_TWITTER: 23,946 impressions
  • Placement PUBLISHER_NETWORK: 0 impressions

Requesting impressions for March 2017 for the funding instrument:

• Placement PUBLISHER_NETWORK: 0 impressions

Requesting impressions for the only campaigns that ran in March:

• Placement PUBLISHER_NETWORK: 94,561 impressions

Let me know if you need any further information!

Thanks, @Tianape! This is very helpful. It’ll take us some time to determine what the issue is. Thanks!