I’m having trouble with the Ads API. I have a following use case:
- pick up last 3000 tweets with
- build ads async jobs to get the relevant information
- retrieve the data from the jobs, parse them into database segmented by tweet and day
A few notes:
- My account has only organic tweets
- The impressions on tweets older than last 3000 are negligible
- My examples are always on data at least a month old so the difference can’t be caused by missing the most recent data
When I double check with the UI, I have exactly the same number of tweets per day, and the numbers of impressions, retweets and likes (and other metrics) match almost perfectly on these tweets when compared to UI (and the export)
In the UI the aggregation per day is not allowed with per-tweet segmentation, all we see is the graph with all tweet impressions aggregated per day.
But when I try to aggregate my data from API per day, I get very different results, with almost 15% variance.
Where is this discrepancy coming from? What are the data shown in the graph if not aggregated values of all tweets per day?
Thank you very much for your help!